Trinity Mirror today unveiled further changes in a move to create a single unified publishing structure.
The reorganisation will allow editorial, advertising and support functions to operate as effectively as possible across all of the Group's print and digital publishing operations.
As part of the restructure a newly-formed Publishing Operations Group - which includes senior executives from editorial, advertising and digital - will drive the vision of One Trinity Mirror to ensure the full publishing potential of the business is realised.
Further significant changes include:
• Lloyd Embley is promoted to the position of editor-in-chief of the national titles, while Paula Scott becomes Publishing Director of the same portfolio. Lloyd and Paula will take responsibility for the publishing strategy of the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and the Sunday People.
• Denise West is promoted to managing director of Scotland & North East England, and Joanne McGreevy is promoted to managing director of MGN Ireland. Denise and Joanne will be responsible for further developing the print and digital portfolios in these important markets.
• Three new publishing regions: North West (covering Manchester, Liverpool, Cheshire, Huddersfield and North Wales markets) will be led by Steve Anderson-Dixon; Midlands & South (covering Birmingham, Coventry, South Wales and the southern markets) will be led by Simon Edgley; and, Scotland & North East England (covering all of the Media Scotland market together with Newcastle and Middlesbrough) will be led by Denise West.
• The creation of a single new sales and marketing unit which will represent all regional, national and digital newspaper brands. David Emin will lead the new unit and is promoted to managing director, Trinity Mirror National Sales (TMNS). The unit will provide an unrivalled suite of multimedia advertising solutions for customers. Ian Dowds, the newly-appointed managing director of Trinity Mirror Digital Media, will work alongside David in rapidly developing digital revenues.
Mark Hollinshead, Trinity Mirror's chief operating officer, said: "I am delighted to outline the new unified management structure for One Trinity Mirror which will ensure we have the best team in place, in the right markets, to help us achieve our ambitions to grow revenues, and accelerate our plans for all our digital and newspaper brands.
"I believe we now have in place a more cohesive publishing structure that brings editorial to the heart of the decision making process. This move will ultimately benefit our journalism, our readers and our advertisers."
Notes to editors:
1. Publishing Operations Group members - Steve Anderson-Dixon, Simon Edgley, Denise West, Paula Scott, Ian Dowds, David Emin, Mark Mountford, Lesley Sommerville, Lloyd Embley, Neil Benson and Allan Rennie. Chaired by Mark Hollinshead.
2. Trinity Mirror National Sales (TMNS): The new unified unit will include AMRA, which will continue to be led by Gary McNish.